Okay so I know every one of you remembers the Mishapocalypse. The incredibly fun (or annoying) day where everyone on tumblr (and facebook) changed their pictures to this
and pretended to be Misha.
Well, I’ve heard everyone wants to do another one for Misha’s birthday on August 20th. However, I think we shouldn’t. Here’s why:
- We already did one, and we annoyed a lot of people. It was fun, but let’s hold off a while longer before we do another one, if we do.
- It was wonderful and huge, showing what amazing power us supernaturalists have, but… what if we used that power to do something good and useful?
What if, for Misha’s birthday this year, we all came together - all thousands of us - and did something meaningful. Something that lasted, something that made an everlasting difference.
What if we all donated to Random Acts? I know a lot of us are broke, but you could donate just five dollars, one dollar! Anything, something to make a difference. Let’s take it another step further. Along with donating, what if we all went out and performed at least one random act of kindness? Even just one, something to make a difference. Something to make someone smile. Make a friend, learn something from it, change a life, save a life.
Here’s why I think we should do this:
- Us, as Mishamigos as well as the SPN family, have HUGE amounts of power in our fandom. We’ve proven that time and time again. We won a freaking award for pete’s sake. We can use this power for GOOD. For CHANGE. For our favorite celebrity, Misha.
- Do you have any idea how incredibly happy this would make him?
- We’ve seen over and over certain amounts of Directioners and Beliebers make headlines for stuff they’ve done. Bad stuff. I’m not saying they’re all like that, because i know they aren’t, but it’s usually the bad stuff that makes headlines. Guys, we have more power than they do. This is our chance to use our power of this fandom for good. To show that we truly did deserve to win that award. To show our love of Misha and the Random Acts cause. To show that we are amazing and filled with love and we want to make a difference. We can make this BIG. Really big and really noticeable. We have that potential. Why waste it?
- This has the potential to change your life, and other peoples lives. This organization helps people, saves people, makes them smile and laugh; it changes the world. You can help by donating, and you can also help by acting. Going out and doing your own random act. You can start up a conversation that can change your life, or someone else’s This gives you the chance to meet people, to make a difference.
- We have passion. For Misha, for Supernatural, for change, for fun, for each other. Let’s redirect this passion, and prove it by doing this. For Misha. For the broken and the depressed and the ones who just need a smile. Let’s prove our passion
I think those are good enough reasons.
Guys let’s make this big. I didn’t make this blog to get tumblr famous or to get a bunch of notes or applause. I’m running this along with a couple friends (and anyone else who wants to help can send me a message). I don’t want this to be my thing. I want this to be all of tumblr’s thing, every mishamigo/mishaminion. Everyone. This is ours, as was the Mishapocalypse. Only this needs to be even bigger. Go beyond just the computer. Into the world to make a difference. A noticeable one. Misha doesn’t have to know about it til the day of. He’ll wake up, maybe Vicki will have made him breakfast in bed or something, singing happy birthday, and he’ll go about his day, and half way through the day he’ll get a text or a call or a tweet. Someone saying what is going on with random acts. That suddenly donations are pouring in, videos and pictures are being tweeted faster than they can be looked at.
Suddenly he gets one tweet as the others are pouring in.
The tweet reads, “It’s the Mishamigos. We’re back.”
Okay so now that we’re on board, what do we plan on doing? Here, I’ll make a list of some ideas I’ve had so far. Feel free to message me with more ideas:
- SPREAD THE ABSOLUTE CRAP OUT OF THIS BLOG/POST. GET THE WORD OUT TO EVERY MISHAMIGO EVERYWHERE
The day of, AUGUST 20TH, 2013 - everyone change their picture to this:
- If you have even only five dollars, donate!! I know you may not be able to and that’s okay, but if at all possible, donate some amount of money to Random Acts. You can do that here
- If you can’t donate, or just want to take it a step farther… Make videos/pictures of you doing random acts! If you can’t make videos or pictures or would rather not, then tweet or submit here what you did. For some Random Acts videos, go here
- About a week or so before, post fliers around everywhere encouraging people to perform at least one random act of kindness on that day, even if they don’t know what we’re doing it for. I’m going to make up fliers later and post them here if you don’t want to make your own (if you even want to do the fliers). It will have the random acts logo and website on it
- Tweet misha! Tweet random acts! Tweet GISHWHES! Tweet everything! Try to make “randomacts4misha” be a twitter trend!
- For all of your tweets, videos, instagrams (idk), and tumblr posts, tag “randomacts4misha” that will be the trend
- If you want to an extremists, you can make t-shirts or get a Random Acts t-shirt and wear that day
- You can submit your photos directly to Random Acts by emailing them at: email@example.com
If I think of anymore or if I get more ideas in from any Mishamigos, I will add them!
Follow this blog for continuous updates. If you want to help run this, message me! Again, I’m not doing this for myself at all, and I’ll probably keep myself anonymous (as in, i won’t share my url unless anyone asks) so this is specifically for randomacts4misha and nothing else.
Come on guys, we can DO this! We HAVE the power no doubt. We just have to choose to use it for this.
SPREAD THIS LIKE WILDFIRES!
- This event shall be dubbed as “Random Actapocalypse”
- I have a baby goat named Misha, and for the random actapocalypse, I’m going to get her a shirt or something with the logo. Not sure what else it will say yet.